Wednesday 5 May 2010

MICHAEL JACKSON - MY HERO

Since the age of two years old i have adored Michael, when i was little i'd point to the tv screen & get all excited and shout Michael, Michael whenever he was on it. My mother told me that the only two people i'd reckonize on the TV was John Major (the english prime minister at the time) & Michael Jackson, i used to sing along & dance. my favourite song was Smooth Criminal my mum said all i had to hear was the first beat and that was it i was dancing around the house telling her to turn the volume up!
Since then i have always listened to his music, i think that Michael loved to connect with his fans through his songs, it amazed me how he could dance like no other, the moonwalk was something of magic! even though Michael admits he stole the move off kids dancing in the street it didnt matter! he made it his own & he wow'd the crowd at Motown 25, i only wish i was there! i probably would of passed out!

Growing up i wasnt like any other kid, whilst most kids were listening to 'Steps' 'S Club 7' 'Boyzone' 'Britney Spears' i was listening to Michael, Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder even though i was an 80's kid i was being brought up with Motown. I listened to all the 'Greats' but Michael always stuck out, his lyrics, his voice & the beat of the music just compelled me.

There's so many of his songs i love, even his early Jackson 5 stuff, E.G The Love You Save, ABC, I'll Be There, I Want You Back, Who's Loving You, Mamma's Pearl, Ben, Blame It On The Boogie, Can You Feel It, Shake Ya Body (Down To The Ground), This Place Hotel (AKA Heartbreak Hotel).

I loved the Off The Wall album, so many good songs like, Dont Stop Till You Get Enough Ohhh mannnn! that song is just a classic! his little voice at the beginning gets louder and louder until Aowwwwww! You cant denie that THRILLER had to be the best album Michael did! it was just hugeee nobody had made anything like it and i dont think they ever will nobody will ever be able to top Thriller its just amazing! my favourite songs on the album are, of course THRILLER, PYT, The Girl Is Mine, Wanna Be Startin' Something, Billie Jean and Beat It.

Then you got my era lol, the BAD album was amazing and is actually one of my favourites because it has my track on it, Smooth Criminal, it just takes me back to being a kid dancing around my living room asking my mum how did he manage to do the LEAN without falling over! too many great tracks like Man In The Mirror, Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, Just Good Friends, Another Part Of Me, Liberian Girl, Dirty Diana, I Just Cant Stop Loving You....

My favourite album has to be Dangerous though! i love the song Black Or White it just showed us all how Michael wanted us to be happy & have world peace with no discrimination! i also lovee Remember The Time, Jam, Who Is It, Give In To Me, Why You Wann Trip On Me, Heal The World & My Favourites!... Will You Be There & Keep The Faith

Then there was HIStory...with songs like They Dont Really Care About Us, Scream, Earth Song, Come Together, You Are Not Alone, Tabloid Junkie, 2 Bad, & Michael's Favourite....Smile, then came Michael's last studio album INVINCIBLE, with such great songs as, You Rock My World, Privacy, Heaven Can Wait, Break Of Dawn, and my favourites... Whatever Happens & You Are My Life

I have so many favourite songs i hope i havent bored you with this blog if you wanna know anything about me just ask :)

No comments:

Post a Comment